At AVIE!, we believe in educating our clients and anyone else interested in learning more about skin care. Check back often to read articles written by our staff.
Liquid Facelift: How to Look Younger Without Surgery
By Kim Marinetto RN and Master Aesthetician
Posted May 18th, 2009
Do you feel younger than you look? Does your face look tired or have more lines than it used to? Lines, wrinkles, crowsfeet, furrowed eyebrows, thinning lips and sagging skin can add years to your face. Now there are several options available that don’t include “going under the knife” to help turn back the clock. Alternatives such as BOTOX® Cosmetic and dermal fillers are a safe and quick way to look younger – without incisions.
The Liquid Face Lift is a non-invasive facelift that takes less than an hour; and provides visible results with no surgery. The treatment is a combination of dermal fillers, collagen builders and muscle relaxers administered in different areas of the face from the forehead to eyebrows, cheeks, lines around the mouth, lips, etc… that work together to contour and sculpt the face. A custom treatment may include: Juvéderm®, Botox®, Perlane® or other fillers and wrinkle reducing injectables.
The goal is to restore volume and soften the skin to create a more youthful appearance. Treatment begins with an evaluation of your facial contours and a thorough skin analysis. Your provider will determine which areas of your face need the most treatment.
The cost of a Liquid Face Lift varies depending on the number of areas treated and which fillers are used. Since everyone’s skin and needs are unique, it’s best to schedule a consultation to discuss your ideal treatment plan.
A Liquid Face Lift can help:
- Reduce the lines that appear between the brows (glabella)
- Plump up lines and wrinkles around the Nasolabial folds (bottom of the nose to the corner of the mouth)
- Enhance Lips (plumping of thin lips)
- Diminish Lip lines (smoker’s lines)
- Minimize the appearance of fine lines around the eyes and forehead
- Tighten up loose skin
- Restore volume
- Provide a temporary ‘lift’ to the face as the skin becomes plumper and firmer
- Make the face look more relaxed and youthful
Call us at (703) 737-0197 or click here to contact us to set up a free consultation so we can get to know you and your goals.
5 Tips to Get You Glowing
By Kim Marinetto, RN & Master Aesthetician
1. Start with a Clean Slate: Just like any new regimen, good skin care requires a ‘start with the basics’ approach. Because skin care programs are definitely not one size fits all in nature, it is very important to have a thorough skin analysis and consultation with a well-trained professional. Not only do people have different skin types and conditions, but depending on your age group, your skin care needs will vary.
One of the first goals of your consultation with a qualified aesthetician should be to determine the current condition of your skin, your goals and what products you currently use. Are you using soap to cleanse? Do you moisturize? Do you wear sun block? Are these products helping or hurting? Whether you’re in your 20’s or your 50’s, your at home skin care regimen is crucial to maintaining healthy skin. You need to have this in place even if you plan on doing nothing else differently.
2. Try a Little Lift: Have you seen your glabella lately? (The space between your eyebrows) Has your significant other been asking why you scowl? Or, maybe you are noticing more permanent lines around your eyes even when you aren’t smiling. Botox® can be an excellent choice for wrinkle reduction for women and men in their 30’s, 40’s, 50’s and 60’s. In as little as 10 minutes a few simple Botox injections can take years off your face. One of my favorite treatments with Botox is a quick brow lift. This helps with the tired look that develops from heavy or droopy eyelids. Another popular treatment is for worry lines that become permanently etched across your forehead.
Botox cosmetic can help any and all of these concerns and your friends and family will know something is different because you look more relaxed. Remember- Botox can take 2 -14 days for it to be completely effective, so plan ahead. Botox will last 3-4 months, so jump in now and look great for the holidays.
3. Plump Up the Volume: Perhaps you have started to notice thinner lips and vertical lines above the upper lip, or parenthesis around the mouth. This is due to a loss of volume to this area which can be enhanced with products like Juvederm® , among other fillers. These products replace lost volume due to the natural aging process and our lifestyle choices. Hyaluronic Acid fillers are FDA approved and very safe (hyaluronic acid is made by our own bodies). The results are instantaneous and can last between 6-12 months.
4. Get Un-Sunned: ‘Ahhh’ summer fun in the sun, but ‘Ohhh’ the damage. The sun can leave you with a dull; uneven skin tone, brown spots that weren’t there before, larger pores and deeper lines. A series of chemical peels will not only exfoliate the top layer of your skin but will also nurture, hydrate and wake up the cells of the skin that have been taking a break. This is called increasing the cell turnover rate. This might sound weird but it works well and looks great. Chemical peels will vary in potency depending on your skin’s condition and skin care goals. Chemical peels can really change the overall health, texture, and luminosity of the skin and a good aesthetician will customize your peel to meet your individual skin’s needs. Chemical Peels provide a more even and luminous complexion and can be done with little or no down time.
5. Put it in Reverse: Lastly, get an IPL photofacial. These intense pulse light facials target darker pigmented brown spots, freckles, and age spots and help refine lines and pores. This process reverses the signs of sun damage and aging. Couple this with chemical peels and you have a true dynamic duo.
Any or all of these 5 steps, depending on your specific skin care needs and goals, can remove years in just weeks. You really can clean, firm and glowing skin and your family and friends will be saying “Wow, you look great!”
About the author: Kim Marinetto is the owner of AVIE! Medspa and Laser Center in Leesburg, VA. She’s a Registered Nurse who has been practicing medicine for over 20 years and she’s also a Licensed Master Aesthatician. You can learn more about these non-invasive cosmetic treatments by calling AVIE! for a free consultation at (703) 737-0197.