From all of us at AVIE! Medspa, we hope you are able to stay healthy and safe during this uncertain time. Because most of us have probably not experienced a pandemic like this before, we wanted to share some tips and advice on how you can stay well and protect those who are more at risk, such as elderly and immunocompromised people. Together, we can help to slow and stop the spread of coronavirus!
Tip #1: Don’t panic!
While we can’t control COVID-19, we can control our response to it. Staying calm and following advice from The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) is key right now.
- The CDC’s recommendations for preventing the spread of coronavirus are:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- Using a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry, paying special attention to your fingertips. But don’t panic if you can’t find hand sanitizer because it’s sold out at the stores. Lathering up with good old soap and water is still the most effective way to prevent infection!
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick and staying home if you are sick.
- Putting distance between yourself and other people. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- Covering coughs and sneezes.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces daily, such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, computer mouses and keyboards, your phone, toilets, faucets, the microwave buttons and refrigerator door handles, etc.
Tip# 2: Take care of your mental health, as well.
While we can’t predict how COVID-19 will play out, we can control our response to the changes we are facing in our daily lives. Your most important job right now is maintaining your sense of wellbeing and balance. You can do this by taking care of yourself and your loved ones at home. If you’re working remotely, be sure to shower daily and change into fresh clothes. If you are self-isolating, stay connected to your friends, colleagues and family. If you’re prone to anxiety, limit your exposure to the news. Every little thing we can do to maintain a sense of routine during this uncertain time is a huge step forward in maintaining our mental health.
Here at AVIE! Medspa, we are committed to keeping you safe and healthy. Please rest assured that we are following all wellness protocols, including disinfecting all surfaces and treatment rooms between visits and screening patients before their appointments. If you have an upcoming appointment and you are not feeling well, please call us at 703.870-3844 and we’ll be happy to help you reschedule free of charge.
And remember, we are in this together, and we will get through this!